Add a Shared Step to a Test Case
Use shared steps if you want to reuse a repeated sequence of steps in multiple test cases. A shared step is a type of TestGear work items, and it is stored in the test library. If you do not have shared steps yet, you can create them as work items or convert a sequence of steps in a test case into a shared step. To add a shared step to a test case:
Open a project and select Tests in the main toolbar.
Create a test case or open an existing one.
Switch to the shared steps tab.
Select a shared step from the list or locate it using search, and drag it to the steps field.
The shared step is displayed among the test case steps. You can:
- Expand a shared step to view the actions it contains. To do that, click the test case. Click one more time to collapse it.
- Unbind the shared step in your test case to edit the actions as test case steps. Edit the unbound steps of a shared step without affecting the shared step itself. To unbind a shared step, click the button.
- Copy the shared step. Click the button to copy the shared step in the test case.
- Delete a shared step. To do that, click the button.
- Move a shared step in any location in test case steps field. To do that, drag the shared step in the target location.